DATES: Mon 5th and Tue 6th August 2019
LOCATION: Theatre Deli, First floor, 2 Finsbury Avenue, EC2M 2PA (nearest tubes are Moorgate and Liverpool street)
Artistic Directors of the Future is bringing its members an interactive two-day workshop on how to start a theatre company.
Starting a theatre company is a big undertaking and requires strategy, energy and resilience. If you are keen to start a theatre company but you are not sure where to begin this two-day workshop will take you through every step.
This interactive workshop will be led by ADF’s Artistic Director Simeilia Hodge-Dallaway who will give in depth advice on starting a charity and the logistics of running a company. She will be joined by ADF’s Associate Producer and Training & Development Manager, Sandra Thompson-Quartey, who owns Writers Avenue Theatre Company. There will also be guests from the Arts Council England and a theatre company.
This event is for ADF members only to become a member email visit our membership page here. Membership is free unless you opt in to Delegate Membership.
- Finding your company’s identity
- Identifying your company values
- Identifying your skillset
- Writing your mission statement
- Planning for your first year
- Marketing your company; social media, branding, website, press et
- Identifying your unique selling point
Applying for Project Grants funding: (with attendance from the Arts Council England)
- Understanding the questions
- Understanding the requirement of the questions
- Understanding what will strengthen your application
- Other funding resources available through ACE
Insight into Running a Theatre Company-Ailin Conant, co-founder co-founder of Theatre Témoin
- Generating income
- Running two legal entities within a company
- Capitalising on achievements
- Tackling challenges
Working with Partners and Conflict Resolution (playing out scenarios)
- Company Conflict resolution
- Conflict Resolution with Partners; effective and positive negotiations
- Defining what is non-negotiable
- Communication skills
ONE DAY PASS:
- Delegate Members: £15
- Standard Members £25
- Access to one day.
TWO DAY PASS:
- Delegate Members: £25
- Standard Members £45
- Access to both days.
Please bring your membership card as proof of your membership status. If you are a member but you do not have membership card please click here to register for new membership and a to receive your free card and membership number.
If you recently ordered a membership card we will give it to you in person upon arrival of this course.