Artistic Directors of the Future is seeking a Chief Executive Officer who is brave in their leadership and will establish ADF as the go-to organisation for the advocacy and development of diversity across senior leadership in the theatre and arts sector.
Essential qualities, skills and experience:
- An affinity and passion for the mission, vision and work of Artistic Directors of the Future
- In depth understanding of the UK’s arts and culture sector
- Senior management experience gained within the arts and culture sector
- In depth understanding and/or lived experience of equality, inclusion and diversity issues specifically within the cultural sector and broadly within the theatre sector
- Understanding of different innovative models of leadership training
- In depth understanding of arts funding landscape and proven experience of fundraising
- An entrepreneurial flair with the ability to grow self-generated income streams
- The ability to inspire and motivate stakeholders and staff
- The ability to provide managerial leadership.
- The ability to work collaboratively and form effective partnerships internally and externally
- Persuasive communication skills and the ability and willingness to be a spokesperson for the sector
- A positive attitude with a high level of self-motivation and ability to work on your initiative
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with proven ability to work flexibly under pressure, to prioritise and to meet deadlines
To apply for the vacancy, please email your CV and a covering letter (no more than two sides of A4) outlining your relevant experience, your understanding of ADF’s mission and how you would deliver that mission, if relevant tell us about any barriers you have faced accessing jobs within the arts. Alternatively we are happy to receive your written CV with a 5 minute video telling us about your relevant experience.
Please download the equal opportunities monitoring form with your application.
ADF’s Board is happy to consider job-share applications and flexible models of leadership. We encourage applications from underrepresented group including Black, Asian or ethnically diverse backgrounds.
Please send applications to Kate Sarley firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state Chief Executive Officer Application in the subject line.
If you would find an informal telephone conversation helpful prior to completing your application please contact Kate Sarley on email@example.com.
Deadline for applications
Wednesday 29 September 2021 at 17:00
1st interviews will take place week commencing 4 October 2021
2nd interviews will take place week commencing 18 October 2021
Applicants called for interview will have the option to be interviewed using digital tools.