Dedicated to creating change where it matters the most, at leadership level
Artistic Directors of the Future is led by the Founder and Artistic Director, Simeilia Hodge-Dallaway. Under Simeilia’s artistic leadership Artistic Directors of the Future developed from a provocation that she set in 2014 into a registered charity in 2016. Since then the charity has flourished into an organisation that has made significant impact on the theatre landscape.
At ADF, we believe that by demystifying the role of the artistic directors and senior executives, together with empowering and celebrating the talent which exists in our community, we will challenge the status quo and change the face of theatre and the arts industry.
Our Core Values
- Collaboration: we foster healthy relationships with all theatre organisations and culturally diverse artists. We believe that the evolution of training and development should never end for both our company members and theatre organisations.
- Company: we believe that our industry should be truly reflective of the society in which it exists and fight for equitable and inclusive artistic leadership.
- Connectivity: we believe that artists learn from practical and genuine support, as well as support from each other and therefore create sustainable, dynamic, supportive and creatively charged environments where we rely on our fellow company members and partners to work together with trust, respect and cooperation.
- Development and Advocacy: we believe in the nurturing and promotion of culturally diverse individuals to find their artistic voice as future leaders.
- Excellence: we strive to provide high quality, practical and genuine experiences, expecting excellence from all our company members.
- Learning: we believe in offering company members the richest possible learning experiences within producing theatres to support their trajectory in becoming future artistic leaders.
- Inclusion: we believe in the inclusion of a diversity of people, ideas and cultures enriches both our relationships with each other and the organisations we collaborate with.
Meet our ADF Family! We are proud to have a dynamic team of diverse leaders who strive to create equality and inclusion in the arts.
Meet the Respected Board at Artistic Directors of the Future. They have led us to achieve phenomenal results and surpassing records, on our path to excellence.