Your vision. Your Project. Your Voice.
Create the future you want to see!
ADF Innovators gives up to 10 ADF members the time, space and support to develop a project idea that aligns with the ADF mission – to improve the representation of people of colour in theatre leadership positions. Up to 10 practitioners will develop their project proposal and their entrepreneurial skills over a two-week online intensive programme, providing all with a viable proposal and strategy for realisation. One of these innovators will have their project selected. The successful candidate will work at ADF as an Associate Leader for one year. During this period the Associate Leader will pilot their dream project with the potential of creating a real impact across the sector. The remaining ADF Innovators will be invited to join the 12-week Think Tank: Agents of Change, leading up to an industry conference. These agents of change will present their solutions to industry problems to the key decision-makers within theatre and live performance organisations.
ADF is an inclusive organisation and welcomes applications from people who identify as Deaf, disabled, or neurodiverse.
The programme has been funded by the Arts Council England, Garfield Weston Foundation and Paul Hamlyn Foundation.
ADF Innovators is generously supported by
- 30th July: 2021 5pm-6pm Briefing Day (online and optional)
- 6th Sep 2021 11am-12pm Briefing Day (online and optional)
- 6th Sep 2021: Applications open
- 23rd Sep: 5pm-6pm Briefing Day (online and optional)
- 8th Oct 2021 at midnight: Applications close
- 18th, 21st or 22nd Oct 2021: First round interviews
- 1st, 4th or 5th Nov 2021: Second round interview dates
- Week commencing 6th and 13th Dec 2021: 2 week online intensive (Monday-Friday)
- Week commencing 10th Jan Sep 2022: Pitching week (one half day)
- Feb 2022: Associate Leader 12 month p/t contract begins (2 days per week)
- Jun 2022-sharing event with all the 10 ADF Innovators
- Feb 2023-Associate Leader contract ens
How to Apply
The project is open to members only. If you have not registered please do so before submitting your application here. Download the application pack, the application form and the equal opportunities form. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Sandra Thompson-Quartey. Please write ADF Innovators Application in the subject heading and ensure you attach the following:
- Your CV
- Your application form
- Your equal opportunities form
ADF Innovators Trailer
Access provision and reasonable adjustments will be made available (both at interview and employment stages) for any candidates that require it. Please indicate any access requirements you have on the application form. If you require any part of the application process in an alternative format accessible to you, please contact email@example.com.
Attend a briefing day (optional)
This is an opportunity to ask questions about the programme and your project proposal. It does not inform the decision-making process and attendance is optional. Alternatively, you can send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org