Your vision. Your Project. Your Voice.
Are you a visionary, warrior or change-maker?
ADF innovators is a training programme that gives you the chance to fulfil your dreams of creative leadership and see your project come to life. The programme offers up to 10 members a chance to develop a project that will impact the arts sector. The innovators will develop their entrepreneurial skills during a two-week intensive programme. We will then select one outstanding project to be launched within ADF. The selected ADF Innovator will receive a one-year Project Manager placement (two days per week, 25k pro rota), receiving a £15,000 budget to lead their dream project.
The project must serve the ADF mission and must be in line with our programming.
We are not looking for a production, showcase or festival (we are not a production company). However, If the purpose of your project is to develop producers, you may include performance elements as part of their practical learning.
We want you to think about improving ethnic diversity within the arts sector at leadership level. How will your project change the arts industry?
If you can answer ‘yes’ to at least one of the questions below, you should feel encouraged to apply. Does your project either:
- address the lack of Black, Asian or ethnically diverse leaders in the arts?
- break down barriers to leadership progression?
- support aspiring and/ or existing leaders from Black, Asian or ethnically diverse backgrounds?
- revolutionise engagement, recruitment or retention practises within the arts?
Everyone’s A Winner
By the time we have confirmed the project manager for the placement, the remaining ADF Innovators will have completed a project proposal ready to pitch to arts organisations and use to apply for funding. ADF will set up an online exclusive ‘Meet the Programmers’ event to help them meet potential partners for their project.
All the ADF Innovators will be invited to join a new 12-day subsidised Think Tank: Agents of Change. This will be an opportunity for 10 members to work together to identify ethnic diversity problems within the industry and present solutions to the gatekeepers.
ADF Innovators is generously supported by
- 30th July: 2021 5pm-6pm Briefing Day (online and optional)
- 6th Sep 2021 11am-12pm Briefing Day (online and optional)
- 6th Sep 2021: Applications open
- 23rd Sep: 5pm-6pm Briefing Day (online and optional)
- 8th Oct 2021 at midnight: Applications close
- 26th or 28th Oct 2021: First round interview
- 1st, 4th or 5th Nov 2021: Second round interview
- Week commencing 6th and 13th Dec 2021: 2 week online intensive (Monday-Friday)
- Week commencing 25th, 27th or 28th Jan Sep 2022: Pitching week (one half day)
- Feb 2022: Associate Leader 12 month p/t contract begins (2 days per week)
- Jun 2022-sharing event with all the 10 ADF Innovators
- Feb 2023-Associate Leader contract ens
How to Apply
The project is open to members only. If you have not registered please do so before submitting your application here. Download the application pack, the application form and the equal opportunities form. Email your application to email@example.com for the attention of Sandra Thompson-Quartey. Please write ADF Innovators Application in the subject heading and ensure you attach the following:
- Your CV
- Your application form
- Your equal opportunities form
ADF Innovators Trailer
ADF is an inclusive organisation and welcomes applications from people who identify as Deaf, disabled, or neurodiverse.
Access provision and reasonable adjustments will be made available (both at interview and employment stages) for any candidates that require it. Please indicate any access requirements you have on the application form. If you require any part of the application process in an alternative format accessible to you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attend a briefing day (optional)
This is an opportunity to ask questions about the programme and your project proposal. It does not inform the decision-making process and attendance is optional. Alternatively, you can send questions to email@example.com