- How big will the budget be for my project?
ADF provides £15,000 towards the chosen pilot project and will support the candidate to apply for funding if required.
- Which trusts will the final ADF Innovator apply to if more funding is required?
Esmée Fairbairn Foundation or Foyle Foundation.
- Can my project be a production or festival?
Your project should fit within the realms of ADF’s usual work: leadership training, leadership career development and/or sector support.
Your project may have performance elements to it, for example, a producer development programme in which the participants will produce a festival.
- Can my project support actors, writers or directors?
We are interested in projects that support the development of aspiring and/or existing leaders.
- Will you accept submissions from collaborators/teams?
No. However should you be selected as Associate Leader you can allocate budget to hire freelance support.
- What stage in my career do I need to be at to apply for this?
You should have experience of coordinating or managing a project this can include producing a show or managing a non-theatre related project.
- Can my project charge participants?
This really depends on the project. You can charge participants and/or organisations, however you should keep in mind that we are a charity and not a commercial company. We are interested in innovative projects that either change practices within organisations, remove barriers to career progression, provide resources, create leadership development opportunities, enhance skills or create engagement with ADF and/or theatres and theatre companies. For example, our Bite-Size platform is free for individual members on a paid membership subscription. We charge organisations to partner on the Board Shadowing Programme but it is free for the shadowers to participate. We are less interested in new services that have to be paid for, however that doesn’t mean your project can’t have workshops and services that come with a fee included, it just needs to be an optional addition as opposed to the main project. Selected project proposals will be developed over the two week intensive and at that stage it will be determined if participant fees are appropriate.
- Should the project be a closed project, or an ongoing project?
It can be either as it depends on what you want to do. A closed project happens in a fixed period of time, for example our Board Shadowing Programme is a closed project. An ongoing project does not have a fixed end date such as the Black Ticket Project run by our Up Next participant, Tobi Kyeremteng.
- I have more than one idea, can I submit more than one project?
You can submit a maximum of 2 projects but you must submit them as separate applications.
- If I am chosen as the Associate Leader, how soon will I need to start?
We understand the successful candidate may be in full -time work and may need to make part-time arrangements or hand in their notice. Likewise, the candidate may need time to make child care or access arrangements. The start date is negotiable but must be started within 30 days of the offer. The Associate Leader contract will be made available to the 10 ADF innovators prior to starting the 2 week intensive.
Project Proposal Questions from the Application Form
The webpage with additional information, recruitment pack and application form will be available from Monday 3rd May 2021.
Applications will be open and accepted from Monday 10th May 2021. We will not accept submissions before this date. There is also the option to submit a video answering the questions below:
- Tell us about yourself (Up to 200 words)
- Please give an outline of your project you wish to deliver (Up to 200 words)
- What is the desired outcome of the project? (Up to 200 words)
- What would be the main stages/phases of your project? (Up to 200 words)
- How does your project align with the work of ADF? (Up to 200 words)
- Which organisation(s) do you feel would be suitable partners for your project and why? (Up to 200 words)
- How will ADF Innovators support your career if you are selected? (Up to 200 words)
- You will be asked to submit an up to date CV as part of your application.