What is ADF?
ADF is a leadership development organisation for creative individuals. We also offer vital sector support for theatre, dance, museums and creative organisations by helping them diversify their boards and senior staff.
What is the purpose of ADF?
To significantly improve the representation of Black, Asian and People of Colour in creative leadership positions in existing organisations across the globe.
What leadership and senior positions do you focus on?
We focus on decision making roles that have an influence over business trajectory, company vision, recruitment, curation and artistic programming. These roles include, but are not limited to;
- Executive Director
- Artistic Director
- Museum Director
- Executive Producer/Producer
- Creative Director
What is ADF’s goal?
- To provide vital sector support and education on diverse representation
- To provide organisations with the tools to implement succession plans that support diversity
- To improve the transparency and accountability for cultural diversity within existing systems.
- To create new pathways into artistic leadership and senior positions at leading organisations
- To demystify leadership roles
- To galvanize diverse individuals to launch their own company
- To upskill and enhance the careers of both emerging and mid-career individuals
- To provide support to newly appointed artistic leaders
What does ADF do?
- Training: Live online masterclasses and courses, online videos, articles and resources
- Leadership Development Programmes: Hands-on training in partnership with leading organisations
- Events: Conferences and networking opportunities
- Consultancy: Diversity & Inclusion, succession planning,
- Governance Training: diversifying boards
Who can be a member?
- Any creative organistion worldwide that wishes to support our mission, partner with us, diversify their senior staff and innovate their recruitment practices.
- Creatives at any stage in their leadership career based anywhere in the world.
- Career changers from non-creative industries with the ambition, drive and passion to lead a creative organisation. You can be based anywhere in the world.
Individual membership is for Black, Asian and People of Colour.
Where do you run classes, programmes and events?
We hold industry conferences, events and diversity training programmes both online and in-person in London, Yorkshire and the Midlands. Organisation members can be based anywhere in the world.
We run regular masterclasses, workshops, events and conferences both in-person and online (live), and our members can access our exclusive Bite-Size videos, articles and resources via our website. We are in ongoing contact with our members who are spread across the globe, holding networking events both online, and in-person across London, Yorkshire and the Midlands.
How can I get involved?
If you are Black, Asian or a Person of Colour with a keen interest in leadership development or leadership support find out more about our membership options here.
If you are a theatre, dance, museum or creative organisation and you wish to diversify your oganisation find out more here.
If you would like to support our mission visit our fundraising page here.
Can I promote a vacancy?
Members can promote vacancies free of charge on our newsletter, social networks and upcoming jobs board. We do not promote vacancies for non-members. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.