What is ADF?
ADF is a leadership development organisation for creative individuals. We also offer vital sector support for theatre and live performance organisations by helping them diversify their boards and senior staff.
What is the purpose of ADF?
To significantly improve the representation of Black, Asian and ethnically diverse people in theatre and live performance leadership positions
What do you mean by ethnically diverse?
Read our eligibility page here
What leadership and senior positions do you focus on?
We focus on decision making roles that have an influence over business trajectory, company vision, recruitment, curation and artistic programming. These roles include, but are not limited to;
- Executive Director/Executive Producer
- Artistic Director/Creative Director
What is ADF’s goal?
- To provide vital sector support and education on culturally diverse representation
- To provide organisations with the tools to implement succession plans that support cultural diversity
- To improve the transparency and accountability for cultural diversity within existing systems.
- To create new pathways into artistic leadership and senior positions at leading organisations
- To demystify leadership roles
- To galvanize culturally diverse individuals to launch their own arts (theatre or live performance) company
- To upskill and enhance the careers of both emerging and mid-career individuals
- To provide support to newly appointed arts leaders
What does ADF do?
- Training: Live online masterclasses, workshops and short courses, online videos, articles and resources
- Leadership Development Programmes: Hands-on training in partnership with leading organisations
- Events: Conferences and networking opportunities
- Consultancy: engagement, recruitment, boarding, retention, succession planning and starting a theatre company
- Governance Training: diversifying arts boards
Who can be a member?
- Any performing arts organisation worldwide that wishes to support our mission, partner with us, diversify their senior staff and innovate their recruitment practices.
- Creatives and artists at any stage in their leadership career based anywhere in the world.
- Career changers from non-creative industries with the ambition, drive and passion to lead a creative or performing arts company or building. You can be based anywhere in the world.
Where do you run classes, programmes and events?
We run activities both online and in-person to provide access to organisations and individuals worldwide.
The majority of our in-person events take place in London and Yorkshire. We have plans to expand across the UK over the next 4 years.
How can I get involved?
If you would like to support our mission visit our fundraising page here.
Can I promote a vacancy?
Members on a paid subscription can promote vacancies free of charge on our newsletter, social networks and notice board. More information can be found here.