Online networking opportunity
Monday 14th June 2021
Monday 27th September 2021
This is a free event exclusive for members on a paid subscription. A full list of organisations will be made available from 28th May 2021. Confirmed so far: Royal Court, Strike a Light, Lyric Theatre and Hartshorn Hook Enterprises.
Bookings available from 28th May for standard members and from 18th May for members on a paid subscription.
Meet the Programmers is a speed networking event designed to connect Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic creatives with the decision makers in theatre and live performance.
The session will run over 2 and half hours (including a 30-minute break) to kick-start professional relationships.
Each organisation will be put into breakout groups on Zoom and every 10 minutes they will meet a creative or artist who will either:
- Pitch a production
- Pitch a project
- Invite the organisation to a performance they are directing, producing or have written
- Make an introduction to their theatre company
- Make an introduction to their body of work; directing, writing or producing
The pitch or introductions should last no longer than five minutes to leave time for questions from the organisation. There will be a 30-minute break after the first hour to allow everyone time to absorb who they have met.
Each organisation will be provided with a biography for each person attending (including any they may not have the chance to meet) and any materials (proposals, CVs, marketing packs etc) from the creatives/artists will be sent to the organisations a few days in advance. We also ask that the organisation put together a document that contains useful company information including:
- Where to send project/production proposals, CVs, scripts to and how
- Any upcoming career development opportunities (if applicable)
- The types of projects and productions the organisation is interested in.
- What types of projects and productions that are not of interest.
- How your organisation recruits directors (if applicable)
- Any information useful for writers
- Any information useful for producers wanting to co-produce a show or bring a show to your venue
This will be made available for members to download from our website. The information will help our members know whether they are ready to Meet the Programmers and how best to use their ten minute slot.
You will need:
- A device with access to zoom
You might also be interested in:
Do I need to prepare anything in advance?
No, you don’t need to prepare anything beforehand.
How is this for?
It’s open to all members over 18 years of age.
How do online sessions work?
Our online sessions take place on Zoom and a link will be sent to you before the session along with any additional materials.
I haven’t received the Zoom link, or experiencing technical difficulties?
If you haven’t received the link for the session, or are experiencing other technical difficulties, please email email@example.com
Will recordings of the sessions be made available?
No, recordings of this session will not be made available. We will be recording the session for internal market research and will not be shared publicly. Participants can turn their cameras off.