27th September 2021
- Emergency Exit Arts
- Hat Fair
- Royal Court
- Sheffield Theatres
- Soho Theatre
- Strike A Light
- Without Walls
Tickets are free. Bookings close 12pm 23rd Sep
About the event
Meet the Programmers is a speed networking event designed to connect Black, Asian or ethnically diverse creatives with the decision-makers in theatre and live performance. This is also an opportunity for organisations to expand beyond their existing networks and engage with our members. Up to three senior leaders from each organisation will be in attendance and at least one of these people will be the Artistic Director, Executive Producer/Director and/or the Producer.
Organisations will meet up to 10 creatives and these creatives will meet at least 4 organisations. The session will run over 2 hours and 30 minutes (including a 30-minute break) to kick-start professional relationships. Each organisation will be put into breakout rooms on Zoom and every 10 minutes they will meet a creative or artist who will either:
- Pitch a production
- Pitch a project
- Invite the organisation to a performance they are directing, producing or have written
- Make an introduction to their theatre company
- Make an introduction to their body of work; directing, writing or producing
Individuals do not have to pitch alone. A maximum of 2 people may attend together to discuss a project they are working on together. The person booking/ leading the pitch must be an ADF member but their guest does not have to be. Learn about our membership here. These are not general meetings, Q & As or career advice sessions but rather an opportunity for members to pitch something, this can be a play, a project, their company or themselves! The guest organisations will be asking the participants questions rather than the other way round.
The pitch or introduction will last no longer than five minutes to leave time for questions from the organisation. The sessions will give organisations a taster and should they want to follow up they will get in touch directly or let ADF know if we should share their contact details. Organisations will be sent contact details, biographies and any other materials from the attendees including any members they may not have the chance to meet.
You will need:
- A computer or laptop to connect to Zoom. Mobile phones will not work for the breakout rooms.
- An up to date CV
- A theatre/live performance career biography
Do I need to prepare anything in advance?
- Research the guest organisations
- Read our Get Involved document, which will be made available at least 1 week prior to the event.
- To book this event you will need to download the online Attendee Information form from the booking page. Fill it in and attach it to the online booking form. You are welcome to attach a video if preferred.
- Attach a recent CV to the booking form.
- Attach your profile picture to the booking form
- You are welcome to attach any additional materials to the booking form; flyer, project proposal, marketing pack etc. These are optional.